KVINFO: Fights discriminative family laws, including child marriage.
Many countries have discriminatory or inadequately implemented laws on divorce, inheritance, and protection against violence.
KVINFO partners with organisations advocating for a gender equal legislation e.g. providing training and tool boxes for staff. KVINFO also has a large focus on abolishing the practice of child marriage supporting organisations in both Morocco and Yemen working to eliminate this human rights violation.
- More on KVINFO's work with Access to Justice
- KVINFO's Web Magazine: Ten years of the law that transformed Moroccan society
- KVINFO's Web Magazine: Moroccan Family Court Judges: A Marriage Should Not Always be Salvaged
- KVINFO's Web Magazine: Cutting a swathe through Morocco’s legal jungle
- KVINFO's Web Magazine: Grassroots Campaigns, Alliances, and Religious Lines of Reasoning