KVINFO is Denmark’s knowledge and development centre for gender, equality and diversity. We provide a gathering point for contemporary discussions on gender equality.
We achieve our objectives by:
- Collecting and generating information
- Activating knowledge and finding new ways to achieve de facto equality
- Entering into dialogue and partnerships
At KVINFO We Collect and Generate Information
- KVINFO is the obvious first choice whenever there is a demand for knowledge on gender, gender equality, and diversity. The outside world is familiar with and applies the knowledge we have to offer. We reach new target groups in terms of age, gender, geography, and socioeconomics.
- We create an overview and clarity as regards research, analyses, and documentation. We deliver new knowledge about gender, gender equality, and diversity, nationally as well as internationally.
We collect and advise on the most recent national and international research, documentation, and information on gender. Similarly, we communicate the cultural heritage of women’s and gender history in Denmark. We do this by means of systematic research and enhanced collaboration with research, educational, and cultural environments. We employ a comprehensive concept of knowledge, which comprises research, analysis, and documentation as well as art, culture, and tendencies.
We generate knowledge. We map gender equality deficiencies, document areas of concern, and point to new results and progressive steps towards increased equality and diversity on a national and an international level. We create clarity and synthesis with regard to research, analyses, and documentation.
We apply a user perspective in our work. We meet the users on their turf and offer an engaging, relevant, and vibrant service. We work systematically to reach our target groups by blazing the trail of targeted communication.
We invite in, but we also reach out. Our knowledge is available for teaching, learning, development, and research into gender, equality and diversity. We use rapidly advancing technology as a vehicle to communicate our gender equality agenda and make knowledge accessible physically as well as digitally.
At KVINFO We Activate Knowledge and Find New Ways to Achieve De Facto Equality
- KVINFO promotes an unbiased and knowledge-based democratic dialogue and debate on gender, equality, and diversity.
- We transform knowledge into tools of gender equality, develop new didactic spaces, and support capacity-building concerning gender and equality, nationally as well as internationally.
Knowledge alone does not bring about a gender-equal world. That is why we activate knowledge. We do this on three different levels: In the national debate, when we address decision-makers, and institutionally.
We activate new knowledge about gender and equality, nationally as well as internationally. We do this on web-based platforms, in social media, and public debates.
We support the integration of gender, equality, and diversity as active constituents of knowledge, development, and learning on an institutional level, nationally as well as internationally. We do this by developing new didactic spaces for children, young people, and students, and by making knowledge and tools available to teachers.
We find new ways to achieve de facto gender equality, nationally and internationally speaking. We communicate fact-based knowledge to decision-makers. We present potential courses of action that convert legislation into practice.
We develop methods and launch activities in order to promote equality and diversity. We support capacity-building, training, and knowledge-sharing in public and private institutions and enterprises. We contribute expert knowledge and experience to the affairs between Denmark and our international partner states and support transnational collaboration and development.
At KVINFO We Enter Into Dialogue and Partnerships
- KVINFO enters into close collaboration and partnerships with a view to effect equality progress, nationally as well as internationally.
- We ensure a vibrant exchange of experiences between Denmark and the world and introduce international knowledge into a Danish context.
KVINFO’s efforts are based on dialogue, cooperation, and partnership. We listen to everyone, and respect the individual. We enter into close collaboration with relevant partners in order to boost efficiency and contribute to a society characterised by increased freedom, equality, and diversity.
Through our international efforts we support democratic reform as regards gender in the Middle East and in Africa and work to ensure formal and de facto gender equality. We generate dialogue and networks – across the Arab countries and between Denmark and the region. Together with our collaborators, we advocate for and educate about women’s and men’s social, financial, political, and legal rights. We incorporate our experiences from our international work into the Danish integration and gender equality efforts.
We generate and create knowledge in collaboration with gender equality players in the Nordic region and in the rest of Europe as well as multilateral organisations such as the UN. We communicate information about international tendencies vis-à-vis gender-equality efforts, research, and results.
We cooperate comprehensively with research and educational institutions, public institutions, private and cultural enterprises, civic society and interest organisations, networks, and individuals.